These small group workshops are designed to provide lots of one-on-one access and give everyone a more hands-on learning experience. No lecturing with slide show, we just dive right in and get started. My goal here is not to give you recipes to memorize, but instead to give you a more intimate understanding of the ingredients so you can create anything you want from scratch. Each of you will have an impact on the direction of the experience, so come ready to jump in with both feet and explore with us!
Upcoming 2020 Small Group Workshops
(Enrollment button at bottom of page)
Sat Apr 25, 1p-7p
Sun June 7, 1p-7p
Some of the topics we’ll be discussing
- Connecting and communicating with your model.
- Posing for the light vs lighting for the pose.
- The importance of genuine expression.
- Making use of what’s available to you.
- Improvising. Getting creative in less than ideal situations.
- Getting the most out of one light.
- Inverse square law is your friend.
- Getting Photoshop off the brain.
- Feathering, Controlling light, Close lighting vs distant lighting, soft vs hard.
- Creating depth
- Using limitations to spark creativity.
- Long exposure with strobes.
- Fun stuff: Working with fog, cookies, gels, mirrors, water, gobos, playing with fabrics, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have camera with Manual mode capability. DSLR preferred but not required. Must be able to adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO independently and have a hot shoe on the camera
- Share your images with the models. This is a portfolio building opportunity for them as well. I will be handing out a list with everyone’s contact information so we can all stay in touch.
- Open to male and female models 18+.
- You will receive a minimum of 3 completed images from myself as well as images from the other photographers in attendance.
- Please bring a small variety of outfits and misc. items that you feel would be interesting to work with.
- Bring your A game. This is an excellent opportunity to network with local photographers on the rise.
- Choose “Model” in the “Student Type” option below.
Workshops will be held at my studio in downtown Wichita,KS
If you have any questions that I haven’t addressed here please feel free to get in touch with me.